Targeted Email Marketing Campaign Success Stories
Imitation is the best form of flattery. Learn a few lessons from these two successful targeted email marketing campaigns to improve your email efforts.
Targeted Email Marketing Campaign: Customization Is Key
Travel website Expedia is relying on a targeted email campaign to maximize revenue and growth in the Asia Pacific region. The Expedia strategy is to create extremely targeted and customized email messages to improve results:
1. Expedia distributed weekly customized email newsletters targeting unique geographies with region-specific offers.
You don't have to be a big corporation to launch a successful targeted email marketing campaign. Follow their lead by emailing your own customized messages. For example, on Mother's Day, send an email with a coupon for a complementary gift to your customers' who are mothers.
2. Expedia monitors customer click-through patterns. This helps them understand which product links are clicked on but do not lead to a purchase. Then, the company creates highly targeted email messages surrounding those products to better promote them and turn interest into sales.
Do the same with the EasyContact Intelli-Read real-time reporting function. It allows you to easily and accurately track campaigns and clicking patterns. For instance, if you find that a large number of customers click on a certain product link, but the majority do not purchase. If that's the case, create a targeted campaign surrounding the product. Include coupons and a case study illustrating how a customer has benefited from the product.
Targeted Email Marketing Campaign: Valuable Content and Multiple Options
Professional recruiting and staffing firm Paladin uses email marketing to effectively communicate with customers and prospects:
1. Paladin provides readers with a mix of valuable news and information, and updates on Paladin services.
Do the same: For example, if you are promoting a sale on winter coats in an email campaign, include useful, relevant articles on “Tips for Clothes Shopping on a Dime” and “The Best Ways to Stay Warm This Winter.”
2. Paladin incorporates spotlights on new job candidates to provide a personal touch and showcase new talent to clients.
Borrow this technique by including your own customer spotlights. For example, if you own a computer repair service, conduct an interview with a customer on common home computer issues and easy solutions. Or, write a case study about how one customer was able to quickly and seamlessly get his home business back up and running with the help of your repair services. Customers will love the personal touch!
3. Paladin complements its general email newsletters with targeted specialty newsletters.
You too can offer your customers niche-specific newsletters. If you sell arts and crafts supplies, for example, offer your customers their choice of several specialty newsletters on “Scrapbooking Trends,” “Drawing and Painting Ideas” and “Sewing 101.” Your customers can create their own portfolio of email communications to meet their unique needs!
With the help of EasyContact, you can create your own targeted email marketing campaign success story! Start maximizing results today by signing up for EasyContact .